The IICMS Clinical Measurement Physiologist of the Year Award
IICMS are awarding a prize for:
Clinical Measurement Physiologist of the Year 2020
This award is in the form of a €500 prize to encourage any grade of physiologist who has ‘gone the extra mile’ at work. This can take any form, for example, improving patient satisfaction; improving patient/public participation; outreach and engaging with the potential future workforce (e.g. school/college/university healthcare science awareness days). Maybe they have set up a new service or a new way of delivering a service (e.g. one stop shop, home video-telemetry) or provided an outstanding teaching environment for the future workforce. The prize is a €500 voucher of the winner’s choice.
The award is open to all IICMS members and the winner will be announced at the IICMS Annual Conference on the 27th March 2020.
All applications will be passed to Tanya Byrne, President of the IICMS Executive Board, where upon they will be anonymized and passed to IICMS Executive for judgement.
Supporting Statement Guidance:
Support the statement with specific examples that address the award you are nominating for and elaborate on why the nominee’s accomplishments are worthy of the award. These examples should include outcomes, results, and/or activities above and beyond the nominee’s job description. Include qualities that make this person’s activity outstanding, and that are clearly relevant to the award criteria (e.g., contribution, team- building, collaboration, initiative and leadership). Consider including the following evidence to answer the ‘who, what, when, where, why’ in your supporting statements:
WHAT did the nominee do (e.g., projects, activities, inspirational leadership)
- Projects and/or activities above and beyond the nominee’s job description
- Any challenges or issues encountered and overcome
- They influence without authority, often putting the interests of others ahead of their own, and serve as “a champion for ”
HOW did they do it?
- Initiative and/or leadership (fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity)
- Creativity and/or innovation
- Behaviors and/or attitudes
- Going green/contribute to a culture of
WHAT were the results and/or impact?
- What did the nominee’s efforts accomplish?
- Are there specific benefits to the patient/family/service
- Achieved desired outcome despite adversity (e.g. limited resources, time constraints, unexpected challenges).
For any nomination that does not meet the award criteria the awards committee may reject the submission or ask for a resubmission of the nomination. Once requested, the nominator may have two weeks to resubmit or the nomination will be rejected.
Please email Deirdre at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Nomination Form