- BSc Clinical Measurement Science or Certificate in Medical Physics & Physiological Measurement.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To perform and interpret the following: Spirometry, Pulmonary Function Tests, Cardio Pulmonary StressTests, Methacholine Challenge-Bronchial Provocation Tests, Exercise Challenge Tests & Sleep Study Set up and Analysis, Incorporating Full Polysomnography, Limited Polysomnography and CPAP titration.
- To be responsible for accurate storing of reports generated from the above tests.
- To keep accurate documentation of the relevant procedures and acquire adequate knowledge of the products required during these procedures.
- To be professionally responsible for all aspects of the post holders own work.
- Report any malfunction or defects in equipment relevant to the Department.
- Support the Head of Department in the implementation of initiatives aimed at improving and developing the service of the department.
- Maintaining the department environment to promote good infection control and health and safety at work.
- Taking due care of patient’s property and valuables in accordance with hospital policy.
- Working co-operatively with others as part of the multi-disciplinary team helping and assisting other clinical staff in the routine work associated with patient care.
- Providing comfort, reassurance and support to patients in times of high anxiety or distress.
- Obtaining, relaying, recording and storing information relating to care delivery whilst at all times maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the importance of accurate documentation and contributing towards recording daily reports of patients’ activity and progress.
- Listening to and being able to accept constructive feedback.
- Participating in discussion about patient care and ward/departmental development, including handover and team meetings.
- Undertaking a range of administrative and clerical tasks associated with patient care to facilitate the smooth running of the ward/department.
- Maintaining and controlling stock, equipment and materials related to patient care in order to facilitate the efficient and effective use of resources and ensure that patient areas are kept tidy.
- Complying with the policies and procedures at Blackrock Clinic, e.g.
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control including disposal of waste, sharps and infected lined.
- Accident and Incident Reporting
- Complaints Procedure
- Hospital Fire Policy and evacuation
- Contributes to the development and implementation of policies and guidelines
- You must comply with all hospital policies in relation to Infection Prevention and Control. Every employee has a responsibility to know how to reduce infection in their role.
- Communication Skills
- Communicate appropriately with colleagues and other members of the health care teams.
- Communicate in a manner that avoids antagonism, reduces conflict and prevents undue anxiety.
- Recognise limitations and seek assistance where necessary.
- Attend and contribute to appropriate meetings.
- Accept constructive advice when appropriate.
- Report all incidents immediately, which may adversely affect a patient, colleague or the Blackrock Clinic.
- Communicating clearly and appropriately with patients, their relatives / friends colleagues and all other members of the multidisciplinary team including responding to queries, answering the phone, taking messages and passing on written and verbal information to patients.
- Support the philosophy, objectives and goals of Blackrock Clinic.
- Observe the appropriate lines of authority.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patients and the activities of Blackrock Clinic.
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in all areas of the hospital/clinic as required.
- The Ward/Unit Manager depending on the availability of locum cover will arrange annual leave; this usually means the holiday periods i.e. Easter, summer and Christmas.
- Participates in developing and providing quality care within Blackrock Clinic.
- Assists in orientation, teaching and supervision of new and junior personnel.
- Continue to develop personal knowledge and skills and seeks outside educational opportunities.
- Present a professional appearance and conform to the dress, hygiene and infection control policies of the Clinic.
- Is always punctual on duty.
Note: This job description is a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendments to meet the changing needs of the service.